Part two of my lesson notes from Unlimited Abundance by Christie Marie Sheldon about clearing doubt and fear and the four things that create your reality.
Read previous Lesson Notes from the Unlimited Abundance program:
- Lesson Notes 1: Clearing Resistance
- Lesson Notes 2: Clearing Doubt and Fear (you are here)
- Lesson Notes 3: Clearing Fear of Change
Table of Contents
The Four Things That Create Our Reality
Doubt and fear are two major obstacles in manifesting the life you want. These negative energies have a significant role in the reality that you shape. Christie Sheldon explains that there are four things that create your reality, whether intentionally or not:
1. What you hold dear. There are ideas and feelings that we hold dear in our mind and heart. We hold on to them because it has become a habit or because they are familiar. This habit applies to both ideas and feelings that are positive (reinforcing) or negative (diminishing) towards our desire to manifest abundance. It’s obvious that if we want to manifest wealth, then we should hold on to ideas or feelings that reinforce our desire and let go of feelings that diminish it.
2. Your thoughts, ideas, vibrations, and significant energy. There are various kinds of energy alive in our body. The total internal sum of these energies is what shapes our reality. We collect these energies through what we imprint or download during childhood and adulthood. The total internal sum can be positive or negative, depending on our interpretation of our past and current experiences. The best practice is only to keep the thoughts, ideas, vibrations, and energy that result in a positive sum.
3. Source energy. This energy is not determined by what’s happening inside of us. It is a universal energy that is the source of creative energy. You always use source energy whether you create a positive or negative experience. If we want to manifest abundance, we should use source energy to create a positive experience.
4. Listen, observe, and rearrange. We can shape our reality intentionally by listening to ourselves and observing what we do – and then rearrange it. We are not helpless victims of our negative thoughts and emotions. We can listen to them, observe what we do, and make rearrangements if what we do doesn’t reinforce our desire to manifest goodness. In other words, this process frees us from becoming victims of our negative energy and increases our positive energy.
Cross Purposes and Hidden Benefits
Mixed messages or cross purposes also have the power to shape our reality. What Christie means by cross purposes are the hidden influences in our lives that give us mixed results. Another term that contains the same meaning is secondary benefits; there is another hidden benefit we pursue that makes us get mixed results.
Cross purposes cause the following things:
1. Doubt. Doubt happens when we don’t believe in the choices we make (or want to make). Doubt can happen from having cross purposes or secondary benefits. For example: we want to move ahead in our career, but that means taking a bigger responsibility than the one we currently have. The cross purpose (or hidden benefit) here is that we want to stay safe by avoiding taking a risk. The result is we doubt whether we should take the big responsibility or not.
Other examples of doubt from cross purposes or mixed messages are:
- I won’t be able to (or don’t want to) handle it
- I am too old or too young
- I am not smart or capable enough
- … and others
2. Neglect of self. When we have mixed messages, we can end up neglecting ourselves. Neglect of self means that we have denial systems that make us refuse to see what we are creating in our lives. For example: we want to increase our savings, but we refuse to look into our bank account (are you guilty of doing this? Because I am). The cross purpose here is that we pretend that everything is alright so that we don’t find out the truth of the situation and can avoid taking responsibility.
Live in the Energy We Want to Manifest
The way to clear the negative energy of doubt and neglect of self caused by cross purposes or mixed messages is to use the same delete, unplug, and destroy process. Of course, it will take repetitions of the clearing process to clear your negative energy thoroughly. At the same time, Christie advises us to live in the energy that we want to manifest.
The way to live in the positive energy of abundance is to ask positive questions. Asking positive questions make it possible for us to find positive answers. An example of positive questions are:
- What would it take for me to have more abundance?
- What would it take for me to have confidence in my capabilities?
- What would it take for me to have the courage to take big responsibilities?
Leave a Reply